[LRflex] Re: petition for R10

  • From: Gary E <ge_crocus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Reflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 00:18:35 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

It is good to see that there are still some of us wanting a R10 or SL3 Digital
from Leica.  They must have been getting steady sales from the initial M8 then
M8.2 and now M9 to continue their digital ventures, but I would not think they
would "bet the farm" on just one camera such as the S2.

If the new R body is as big or smaller than the S2 that would be alright, but
if it is like the ol' DMR or like a Nikon D3x it would be too big a camera to
mush around.  Some of you mentioned a GH-1 with EVF type camera would be
suitable, but have you thought about it being used with the 70-180/2.8 or even
a 250?  It is currently being used by some M advocates (discussed on other
sites) and seem to fit them better due to smaller lens factor.

Being that historically M equipment and lenses are more expensive than their R
counterparts, I would think the digital R solution would be less than the $7K
USD.  As so we would hope...

Best of hopes to the reflex,

Gary E