[LRflex] Re: petition for R10

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:53:08 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Miha for the link.
I just added my signature to the 'petition'.
Hopefully I'll soon be 'spammed' by Leica trying to get me to buy a Full Frame
R Mount dSLR solution! In about 24 months I'll be seriously upgrading my camera
body and acquiring lenses - my fingers are crossed I can plunk my R lenses onto
a Leica dSLR over the EOS 5Dmkii I've been lusting forlornly for.
A thought I have is that with the M9 sensor being a Kodak product (iirc) my
previous fears about nikon-or-canon-or-sony having forced leica to kill the 'R'
line to access full frame sensors for the M range are nicely alleviated. With
the 'volume' of production runs apparently being the most efficient way to
drive computer chip costs down, adding R slr's to put the sensor chips into
'might' actually help improve the profit potential across the board for all the
bodies they put em in. Not being an engineer, a CEO, or associated with leica
in any way whatsoever - this is all conjecture on my part, but on it's face, my
line of thought seems to 'hang together' well enough.

Richard