[LRflex] Re: - now cheap old lenses

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:38:55 +0100

Mike,
film is not dead - just breathing a little heavily.

I finished collecting Leicas (to use, not just fondle) when the R8 came
out - I still don't like it, but that's just personal taste - and now
the bottom off the s/h market has dropped out, I'm catching up on other
brands too - and I think I just fell in love with the Canon A1 - it
feels just so right :-) .

I even managed to find a new and functioning powerpack for my big fat
Rollei 6006 and last vacation saw quite a number of rolls passing
through a Rollei 3003 (and other film cameras) as well as shooting with
a DSLR.

The whole thing was made very easy by there being a minilab about 200
yards from our accommodation that did very reasonable 1-hour processing
and scanned everything to CDs that we viewed on the TV in the evenings.

When I can get my results so fast without having to soup it myself I'm happy

Cheers
Douglas