[LRflex] Re: new person.

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:20:35 +0100

Hello Peter, Welcome in.

In fact, although I'm following it quietly, this Lympa log is a good thread.
Only, Lympa = Limp and it's not a good marketing name

LEIMPUS by reference to Leicanon seems more suited.

What ever!

Back to Elmarit 24. For having used this lens in the past 10 years now, I
can tell you it's really better than the reputation it has.

Of course, the MTF charts go toward the Elmarit 28, especially the latest
edition.

However on a Provia 100F, the Elmarit 24 offers a constant illumination with
no fall off in the corners, a good resolution, a immense DOF (at f2.8
already, a DOF interesting).

Of course, it requires training and experience as any wide angle.

As Ted Grant and David Young have emphasized it, alway focus from the
minimum Distance to infinity or scale focus.

I did use it with a Tmax 3200 and results were a bit deceiving. Make sure
you use a fine grained film.

Of course the Elmarit 28 is more tolerant on this aspect since less of the
scene is captured.

The 24 is an odd value of a focal, like 40mm. Better is to try one out.

I had one Tamron 24 on my Pentax some 10 years ago and I admit the Elmarit
24 is a real nice lens, especially at at close distance (less than 1m) and
at F2.8. But that's the rason of a leica lens, no?

Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.