[LRflex] new person.

  • From: Peter.Quick@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:00:10 +1100

Hello List inhabitants,
I signed up yesterday with a specific mission in mind. Bit of background
first though.

From Melbourne, Australia. Long time M user, also have an Olympus E1 DSLR.

Recently became interested in, and ordered, an adaptor to fit Leica R
lenses to the Oly. I'm doing homework on candidates for the Lei-Oly
(Lollypop, Lca-Puss, Lempus... this could go on and on).

I'm curious about opinions on the Elmarit 24 versus 28 models. On paper,
the 28 appears to stack-up as better suited to this application with less
vignetting and sharper stopped-down performance (admittedly, the
difference is slight).

The adaptor is out of stock, set to arrive early next month, so I have not
seen the results of this mating. I picked up a used Elmarit 135 f:2.8 to
cost effectively test the waters. It's a wallflower of Leica lenses, and
goes for relatively low dollars, but gives a massive 270mm field of view
on the E1. I've never been to that length, so it's something new and
exciting.

Regards,
Peter Quick

PS. The company footer is probably glued to this posting. Ignore the legal
mumbo-jumbo and sorry about that.

This is an email from Corrs Chambers Westgarth or Corrs Support Services Pty
Ltd.  The email and any attachments may be confidential, legally privileged
and/or subject to copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose or use the information contained in this e-mail.  If you have
received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email
and all copies.  We do not guarantee that this email and any attachments are
free from virus or other errors.  We will not be responsible for loss or damage
resulting (either directly or indirectly) from any such virus or error. We will
only be responsible for a change to a document if we made the change.  The
content of and opinions expressed in non-business emails are not necessarily
ours.
If this is a commercial electronic message within the meaning of the Spam Act,
you may indicate that you do not wish to receive any further commercial
electronic messages from us by sending an email to mailto:privacy@xxxxxxxxxxxx