[LRflex] Re: new member...

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:38:43 -0700

Roberta wrote:

>Hmmm, yes I see it in the manual. I had tried that and did not seem to
>get the results I desired. I will try it again...
>
>Thanks much
>Roberta

Hi Roberta!

If you did not get the results you wished for, it may be because the
film moves, ever so slightly, when using the "push the rewind button"
and wind the film trick.

What you can try, is to gently rewind the film, a bit, to take up any
slack.  Hold the rewind knob with your thumb (or any finger you like,
actually!) and then push the rewind button.  Wind the film, the
button will pop back out, and you can release the rewind knob.  On
many cameras (not just Leica's), this helps to keep the film aligned
where you expect it.

The only Leica's with a film brake (to do the same as the above, but
a bit more easily) for multiple exposures are the R8 and R9.

In the R4s you have a light, compact, easy to handle camera.  I used
to have the R5 and loved it - at least until I dropped it, lens side
down, onto a tile floor in Bangkok!  I replaced it with the R8, which
despite it's bulky appearance is incredibly well designed to fit the
hand.  That being said, it still takes a large hand!  More like the SL.

Second point... thanks for your introduction, complete with web
address.  It's nice to be able to put a face to the name!  If you
wish to put faces to some of the names you'll see here, you
might  try http://www.pbase.com/kididdoc/some_leica_photographers,
maintained by our own Steve Barbour. Many of the photographers there,
are only seen on other, M-series based lists, but you'll also find a
number of the names from this list, there.

Lastly, I like your flower pictures, very much. It looks as if you
make good use of the 100 macro!

Many on this list shoot flowers, and are happy to share tips and
shots. Questions?  Just ask!

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt
Limited Edition Prints at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/prints.htm
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:  http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lrflex.htm