[LRflex] Re: motor R >3 - instruction manual- advice RQD

  • From: "TOUSSAINT ETIENNE" <toussainte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:20:16 +0200

Philippe,

Rewinding is manual. But you can free the the film advance sprocket without
having to separate the winder from the camera body. For this you just have
to depress the chromium-plated knob located in the center of the "one dot /
two dots" lever.
Concerning the battery pack, you can electrically disconnect it from the
winder, simply by giving a light push on the front lever marked "MOTOR
WINDER R".The battery holder will pull back just enough to ensure an
electrical disconnection, whille remaining mechanically attached to the
winder.I always do that as a precaution, before storing the camera with
winder attached.
One more hint : the winder's battery pack will ensure power supply to all
camera functions, so even if the two EPX76 (or so) batteries are not
installed, everything will work !
BTW, the 5-pole contact at the back of the winder is for remote control.The
mating (male) connector is of BINDER manufacture.
Good luck with your R4, but everything is in the Leitz lenses, on top of
your photographic talent of course...
Meilleures amitiés, Etienne