[LRflex] Re: mother and son...

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 03:42:42 -0500

Hello Steve,
    you've captured a wonderful moment between Mother & Son - the
expression on her face is incredible. Top notch Stuff, Definitely. I
do have a cropping suggestion, though. I found that if I slid the
'gallery' window lower so only the top area of the wheel barrow showed
- about so the bottom of the frame came across in the neighborhood of
where her hand is located on the left edge of the frame- the visual
dynamics of the image became more powerful to my eye. The Mother and
the Son gained a stronger presence and my eye focused much more
readily on her wonderful expression than when the out of focus area of
the entirety of the wheel barrow was there pulling my gaze lower.
Maybe it's something only I noticed or found a preference for
adjusting - Image Cropping and Subject Framing can be quite a
personal / individual tastes kind of thing - Wouldn't be the first
time I was 'odd man out' with a line of thought!

Sincerely
Richard in Michigan