[LRflex] Re: menu woes

  • From: George Lottermoser <imagist3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:03:21 -0500

On Jul 25, 2012, at 4:53 PM, David Simms wrote:

> Man !! Manual mode would be quite the challenge. i can do it, while sitting
> on the couch, but, in the field, it would take more time than setting up a
> view camera. My failing, of course.
>
> My aim is to set up the options so I know what it wants to do and so I know
> what it wants to do. Then, I'll be happy.
>
> Have you ever checked out a DLUX 4 ? Is that geeky ?

I've not checked out a DLUX 4.

I primarily shoot manual
(I prefer knowing shutter, aperture, ISO
and making informed choices as I work)
with M8, R8/DMR, and 5D.

When I need to speed things up
I shoot Aperture priority, while keeping an eye on the shutter speed.

I never shoot P.
Can't imagine a reason to do so.

Regards,
George Lottermoser