[LRflex] Re: maybe I'm daft but...

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 07:04:39 -0700

Let me be more explicit in why I think this is a bad idea....without further
info on a R bodied A900.....

I just had the experience of manually focusing my 400 Telyt F6.8 on a Nikon D1x
camera.  It was miserable, even at full aperture.

I settled on a MF 300 F2.8 or AF 80-200 F2.8 solution as the best possible
solutions FOR ME, given that I own these lenses.  One gives me more light, the
other gives me AF.  Either will produce a higher rate of properly focused
images.

But the underlying problem is the AF focusing screen used in a manual mode..
It is DARK in there.

So now you want to bolt a MF lens on a Sony body.  You will need to manually
focus.

Is it the same as my D1x experience?  Is it MUCH brighter in the Sony A900 VF
than my (more than) 10 year old D1x?

It is not only the issue of digi-capture, pixel count, fidelity, etc, it is
also an issue of focus-ability.

????

Frank Filippone
Red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx