[LRFlex] Re: long-lens steadiness

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:31:12 -0700

At 5/11/2004, you wrote:

Doug,

I don't know if I'm just a "Spaz" or what, but I cannot get a very sharp shot with my 400 telyt AND shoulder stock, hand-held, unless I'm shooting at 1/500 or faster with my R 6.2 & Motor Drive R.

Art Tafil

Art:

My only secret is to breath out, just prior to releasing the shutter. If you hold your breath (the natural thing to do) you tense up and that makes it more difficult to hold the lens steady.

Keep at it... it's a fabulous piece of kit, and works for me at down to about 1/250 @ 800mm (w/2x) or 125th at 400mm.

Remember, like sex and piano, practice makes perfect!

Cheers!

David.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm