[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V8 #140

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LRflex" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 08:24:03 -0700

In a message dated 15/05/2011, Doug Herr said ...

> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Greg Bicket <gregbicket@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I take my leave.   Leica's decision to turn its back on R users makes me
> > angry, sad, and disappointed.
> >

> Sorry to see you go, but I understand (and share) the anger and frustration.
> I'll continue using the wonderful R lenses on the R8/DMR until its no longer
> practical.  I wouldn't be surprised if I end up among the last DMR users.  I
> suspect I'm not alone in welcoming you to stay on the list even if you no
> longer have any Leica reflex equipment.

Hi Greg!

Since the demise of the R cameras at Leica, the LRflex list has slowly been
evolving into a list for those who love Leica R glass, but don't
necessarily use it. (In fact, ownership of Leica R has never been a
requirement of list membership, at any point!)

After the destruction  of my R8/DMR, I purchased an Oly E3 as a "back" for
my R glass, one of a number of options, these days. Of course, the Leica
lens I use the most,  the 400 Telyt, has no auto-diaphragm, so little is
different on the Oly than on the R8+DMR. But the rest of my "R" glass sees
less and less use. The Oly glass is very good, and simply much more
convenient.

No matter what you use, your love of Leica glass is evident, and
photography will go on, no matter what system you use. You might as well
share your images made with that camera, here, as well.

Like Doug, I'd encourage you to stay.

David.
--
David Young - Photographer