[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V6 #326

  • From: "John Guthrie" <guthriej@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:27:54 +0800

Hi Philippe

Your great pictures bring back memories of Switzerland in summer, sadly all
my shots are on film and need to be scanned.

John

Sent: Thursday, 5 November 2009 14:06
To: leicareflex digest users
Subject: leicareflex Digest V6 #326

Leica Reflex Forum Digest
+------------------------+------------------------------------
leicareflex Digest      Wed, 04 Nov 2009        Volume: 06  Issue: 326

In This Issue:
                [LRflex] Re: IMG: Holiday snaps and postcards - Engelberg (C
                [LRflex] Re: petition for R10
                [LRflex] Re: IMG: Holiday snaps and postcards - Engelberg (C
                [LRflex] olympus EP2
                [LRflex] Re: olympus EP2
                [LRflex] Re: olympus EP2
                [LRflex] Re: IMG: Holiday snaps and postcards - Engelberg (C
                [LRflex] Re: olympus EP2
                [LRflex] Re: olympus EP2
                [LRflex] Re: olympus EP2
                [LRflex] Re: olympus EP2
                [LRflex] Re: olympus EP2
                [LRflex] baby cross..
                [LRflex] Re: baby cross..

Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:08:18 +0100
From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: IMG: Holiday snaps and postcards - Engelberg (CH)

They say if you rolled Switzerland out flat it would be one of the
largest countries in Europe :-)
I'm glad nobody did - wonderful Alpine shots Philippe.

Cheers
Douglas

Charlie Falke wrote:
> Philippe Amard wrote:
>> Just uploaded a few more pixes; start here,

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Switzerland/Engelberg--1130711.jpg
.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 02:37:04 -0800 (PST)
From: Gary E <ge_crocus@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: petition for R10

Walter,

That is indeed a good shot with your 80-200 and what colors.  I'm assuming
you shot that freehanded?

Peter,

That's a nice setup, and yes FF is definitely a requirement wether it'll be
EVF or not.  I happen to like my 28 Elmarit and wouldn't want it to become a
56mm.

I only handled the G1 briefly and thought if fit well in my small hands, but
only thought I would be able to live with the kit lens for balance.

Gary E

------------------------------ Previously posted
------------------------------

Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:04:35 +1100
From: Walter Kramer <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Gary,

Here is a sample of using the G1 with a Leica 80-200mm f4.0. The body is
too small for this lens but usable if you are determined. I find the G1
Ok with any R lens up to a 90mm summicron, longer lenses get cumbersome,
nevertheless the grip for the right hand on the G1, once mastered allows
surprising stability.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4016667454/sizes/l/

------------------------------ Previously posted
------------------------------

Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:15:58 +0100
From: pwerner <pwerner@xxxxxxxxxx>

I am currently using the G1 with Leica-R lenses. Even heavy ones can be
handled with some sort of support, like the Manfrotto 293 lens support.

http://www.leicaphoto.net/discus/messages/10/6538.jpg

What I am advocating is a FF G1 adapted to Leica lenses

Cheers
Peter

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 13:26:14 +0100
From: Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>

David Young wrote:

> Philippe wrote:
>
>> Just uploaded a few more pixes; start here,

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Switzerland/Engelberg--1130711.jpg
.html

>> and click on the arrow to the right.
>

> Hi Philippe!
>
> The first (3711) is a stunner.  Though I admit, I rather expect James
> Bond's next villain's lair to be nestled among those crags...

How true you are David , this is a fairly remote place in a dead end
valley- but I didn't have a telyt to get at them villains ;-)

> Like Steve, I love 0089, as well as the "moon at no dome" (0560).

The dome culminates at 10,000 ft , I was down a 3,000, further from the
moon.

Lots of files remain to be be sorted, edited and maybe uploaded.

Thanks for viewing.
Amitiés
Philippe

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 22:11:12 +0100
Subject: [LRflex] olympus EP2
From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>

http://43rumors.com/
Some of us needn't save&wait for Leica! (Looks like the same EVF as the the
one in G1)

Miha

------------------------------

From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 16:28:00 -0500
Subject: [LRflex] Re: olympus EP2

Miha Golobic wrote:

http://43rumors.com/

Some of us needn't save&wait for Leica! (Looks like the same EVF as the the
one in G1)
<<<

Needs a bigger sensor.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 22:53:29 +0100
From: Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>

wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Needs a bigger sensor.

Buy two ?
Phx

Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 22:56:18 +0100
From: Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>

Thank you all for viewing and commenting, much appreciated.
Douglas, even small, I am very happy the country is not as flat as the
Netherlands ...
Bien cordialement
Philippe

From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 17:10:37 -0500

Philippe Amard wrote:

>wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

>>Needs a bigger sensor.
>

>Buy two ?

LOL :)

why didn't I think of that?

Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:31:10 -0800 (PST)
From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Don"t forget tthe glue

------  >--
Regards
YXAndy

--- On Wed, 11/4/09, wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 4:10 PM

Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:47:19 -0800
From: mehrdad <msadat@xxxxxxxxx>

that is a good solution, a while back minolta rolled out a digital slr (s1
or s2, i think it was called) that used to ccds and stitched the results
together. so get to ork doug you are handy with this stuff

--
 -------------------------------------
 regards, mehrdad

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 01:16:51 +0100
From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>

To get a decent sized image, you'll need 4 Olympussies in a vertical and
horizontal tandem rig.
Douglas

------------------------------

From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 19:24:22 -0500

Douglas Sharp wrote:

> Olympussies

LOL!

I'd expect the camera is fine for its intended market, and I'll withhold
judgement of anyone who is interested in it, but I'm not part of the
intended market. The accessory viewfinder is an interesting idea and IMHO
welcome on a camera of this type.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft®

------------------------------

From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 19:57:43 -0800
Subject: [LRflex] baby cross..

I've been doing a lot of shooting in cemetaries lately...

since most things don't move much, it's been good for trying different
lenses and features on my M9...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW+2009/babycross.jpg.html

M9  Summicron 28mm/2  ASPH,     RAW to bw

thanks,

Steve

Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 06:41:24 +0100
From: Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: baby cross..

A very difficult shot - well composed, beautfully rendered.
Must be seen large, and then bingo, you get the structure of the black
of the hearts !
Keep shooting Steve, you now have a most perfect instrument.
Amitiés
Philippe