[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V6 #26

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 05:59:55 -0500

Chris L wrote:

*From:* Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
**
   Even now, I still think of reflex cameras a little bit as something
you use for long lenses,

______________

Not only.. For close-ups/macros and for use with extreme wide-angles, SLRs have some distinct advantages.

For example, a 15mm Super-Elmar (on the SL2, won't fit the SL, as also the 19mm second version won't) is a very different animal from a Cosina-Voightländer 15mm on a rangefinder camera. The ability to get very close and to exactly compose and choose the foreground-background relationships gives very different results.
The same holds true, though to a lesser degree, when using 19/21mm lenses.

Chris

Chris,
  Yes, quite true, I just haven't headed that way, yet.
  I do have the 100mm Macro Elmar R on the bellows, which
works wonderfully. That was what was on the SL when I got it. But my wide angles are all M, except the 21mm 3.4 Super Angulon
that you have to lock the mirror up to use.  I mostly use that on
the M-2 and M-4 as well, with an adapter.  The only zoom I have
is on the Oly, for now.
  I was confessing to archaic habits. :-)

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
 one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein