[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V4 #208

  • From: KEITH LONGMORE <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:52:58 +0100

Ted - I was actually agreeing with you and Steve - wholeheartedly! Of course I wouldn't suggest that you were armchair photographers - quite the reverse! It's easy for those who don't to criticise those who do. ( Indeed, if someone never actually does anything, they can't be criticised for what they've done, can they? ;-) ) It hadn't registered with me that you would read into it the opposite of what I meant. I thought at the time that my comment tallied with the gist of your exchange.. just didn't come out right...shouldn't write late at night when I really should be in my bed, should I?

Ted, I can't and wouldn't dream of claiming to be in your league so far as photography is concerned. Over the years, though, I have tried various difficult photographic subjects; sometimes the results were fine, sometimes not. I'm sure you, or anyone else, could criticise many of my efforts - but at least I tried to get the results that I wanted, and wasn't put off by failing to achieve them. As you say, there is always something to learn; as a professional engineer with 45 years in industry, I have always had a strong creative, inquiring urge. If I lost my thirst for learning, for creativity, I would have also lost my thirst for life.

Steve, I hope you weren't taking exception to my comment re your dawn shot! I was trying to be constructive, and just musing a little. It was a nice shot!
Cheers
Keith