[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V4 #196

  • From: KEITH LONGMORE <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 18:30:44 +0100

H'mmm. V 1.3.  Has ANYONE out there EVER known software to be developed
to any sort of timetable?  Whatever project managers stipulate, it's the
original 'how long is a piece of string', in my experience.  And when
the bugs are fixed, for every old one fixed, several new ones appear.
(Software engineers just LOVE fixing bugs, y'know!)  ;-)

Filing: my system uses dated folders, using either month/year or
date/month/year.  I find it adequate.  The files are usually numbered in
the camera, but I rename them after saving.  Not a lot of hassle, but it
won't work without a cross-reference.  So for pics that I may want to
access later, I overwrite the date with a specific title.  Or create a
hierarchy like Crete 2007 / Lato; .../Ierapetra, etc., etc.  Works well
enough for me.  But then I don't take that many pics a month - maybe 60
or 70 max, normally.

The system that I use, is, I think, a Hewlett-Packard one.  Came with
the last printer/scanner.
Cheers
Keith Longmore