[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V4 #127

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 12:46:58 +0200

KEITH LONGMORE wrote:
> why I would want motor-driven multiple exposures...

Chronophotography is the answer - a very old story - someone even once
invented a gun-like camera, with a barrel, just for that purpose.
It is also said to be the dream of many people in Hollywood, when their
movies are as alive as Japanese films of the 50s.  (wink)

>But, you know, history has a lot to teach us, if we are willing to see and
>learn.

Do you know this one?

HISTORY LESSON

History repeats itself,
Has to,
No-one listens.

in UP TO DATE ,
by Steve Turner - H&S

> I just hope that Leica will learn from their past, get it right, and enjoy
> the success we all
>would wish for them.

We all do Keith. And can't wait for the R10 to be released at (so long)
last.

OT:  Time keepers & Leica keepers (wink). Thanks for sharing Coventry's
past with us. Hope the future will be better there.
BTW: The Swiss also had tremendous problems a couple of years ago when
watches went electric/tronic. Here again they made the right choices to
face Asian competition; Swatch is just one example, but other more
expensive brands are also thriving on high-end mechanical time-pieces.

Keep shooting Keith, and share with us when you can.

Yours
Phil...x