[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V4 #122

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 15:04:42 +0200

It's just the norm that has changed - think that a 100.000 km
trouble-free mileage was reserved to MB  in the 60s and 70s. Others
struggled, in europe at least.
Times have changed and most manufacturers offer that too.
MB  still produces top of the list cars, but the edge is nowadays far
less obvious for all to see.
Now the stakes for Leica are of the same kind: who cares that his/her
digital camera will still fire in 30 years' time, when the norms
(pixels, etc) will have changed so much that only collectors will keep
their first digital M or R , on display.
Yours
Phil...