[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V3 #92

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:15:31 -0700

Alan Siegel wrote:

>I didn't try to connect the car cable to the battery, but my Leica
>charger has a DC socket on the side and the car charger plug fit it
>perfectly. When I get home tonight I'll have to try to plug the car
>charger into the battery.

Don't bother... my mistreak!  ;-) The car cord connects only to the
charger... which I have not yet used, either.  I'd wondered if the
car cord had any 'smarts', but now I realize that they're all in the charger.

BTW: I am currently trying to hack the charger, to put it in a much
smaller case.  I feel that while the interchangeable AC prongs are
'cute', the charger is much too large, physically, for a small camera
bag... and I try to stuff a lot into a small bag for travel.  I'll
let you know, if/when I'm successful!

>  I found the information on the histogram in the manual to be
> useless. The DM-R has four options; standard without clipping,
> standard with clipping, RGB without clipping, and RGB with
> clipping. The manual does not explain the difference between the
> settings for with or without clipping. I know the difference
> between standard and RGB, but I thought the RGB would show each
> channel like my 1D Mark II does. I have found the RGB histogram on
> my 1D Mark II to be very useful. If any of the DM-R users can give
> me a little tutorial on the histogram options (with and without
> clipping) I would appreciate it.

Yes, I'd like that, too... as I'm completely baffled and bemused by
histograms!   Anybody?

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www3.telus.net/~telyt

Limited Edition Prints at: