[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V3 #5

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:48:54 -0800

Hi Philippe!
Happy to know your parents had a 50th anniversary last year!  We're
still trying to figure out how to celebrate my parents' this year.=20
Since they live halfway around the world from me, it would be a
definite 'project' to have a reunion at that time.

On another tack, wished I was as close to all the nice quaint European
towns and castles as you are.  The Alsatian "gastronomie" is mighty
fine too!  Regarding the castle in the photo I took, you are
completely right - it was off to the right of the highway going south
between Strasbourg and Colmar.  Actually it was between Ribeaville and
Colmar, so I think it is most probably Haut-Koenigsbourg.  I was
actually taking a break from photography up in Mont Saint-Odile which
you mentioned.  I recall the road up to Saint Odile was close to a
town named Barr.  Thanks for your nice comments about the Rolleiflex
square format shots. I managed to recollect most of the other Alsace
locations at www.travelife.com - maybe I should caption those shots
with their locale.  At any rate, they include Ribeaville, Riquewihr,
Ottrott, Obernai, etc.

Here in the SF Bay Area, the closest 'European' chataeu is the Hearst
Castle built by the publications baron, art collector and movie
producer William Randolph Hearst, grandfather of Patty Hearst.  Hearst
Castle is located in San Simeon, approx. halfway between SF and LA,
rather near to San Luis Obispo.  It is a nice drive if one has time
and weather on your side.

Best regards, Eric