[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V3 #361

  • From: "KEITH LONGMORE" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:57:49 -0000

Hi Neil
You might like to try this guy also - he's pretty good, and if you are in N
America,. Cheaper than going to old-timer cameras!
davenstl@xxxxxxx
Regards
Keith Longmore

Sent: 31 December 2006 07:01
To: leicareflex digest users
Subject: leicareflex Digest V3 #361

Leica Reflex Forum Digest
+------------------------+------------------------------------
leicareflex Digest      Sat, 30 Dec 2006        Volume: 03  Issue: 361

In This Issue:
                [LRflex] Need Metz 40 mz2 manual
                [LRflex] The Hatrack
                [LRflex] Re: Need Metz 40 mz2 manual
                [LRflex] Re: The Hatrack
                [LRflex] Re: Need Metz 40 mz2 manual

From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Need Metz 40 mz2 manual
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 07:32:13 -0600

Hi all,

I recently acquired a Metz 40 mz-2 for use with my R5, and would like to
get a manual for this flash. Fortunately, the flash does seem to work with
the R5 using the 351 adapter from my 45CL-4, so eventually I can figure
this thing out, but accurate information would be useful. The Metz site
denies the existence of this model, and the manuals for the 40 mz-1 & 40
mz-3 both differ from this particular model's control layout, and so far
my web searches have not been fruitful.

TIA

Neil

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 07:57:57 -0800
From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] The Hatrack

While waiting for my R8+DMR to be returned (again!) from Solms, I dug
out the ol' SL for some exercise....

This shot, heavily cropped and hand held with the 80~200/f4 Vario
Elmar and 2x converter, was shot on Fuji Superia, the only film
available in my small town!

See: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/ and click on "featured photo".

As always, comments and criticism welcome.

Thanks for looking.

And, best wishes, to all, for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 08:02:24 -0800
From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Need Metz 40 mz2 manual

Neil wrote:

>I recently acquired a Metz 40 mz-2 for use with my R5, and would like to
>get a manual for this flash. Fortunately, the flash does seem to work with
>the R5 using the 351 adapter from my 45CL-4, so eventually I can figure
>this thing out, but accurate information would be useful. The Metz site
>denies the existence of this model, and the manuals for the 40 mz-1 & 40
>mz-3 both differ from this particular model's control layout, and so far
>my web searches have not been fruitful.

>Hi Neil!

I've had no luck with the Metz 40 mz-2 manual either.  However, I did
check my own R5 manual (http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/) and the 351 is
the correct adapter for the Metz to R5.  So far, so good.

Best of luck with your hunt!

------------------------------

From: bob palmieri <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: The Hatrack
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:07:49 -0600

David -

Damn nice symmetry and attitude you got from that model!  And the
fact that it's a really good-looking image in spite of factors that
some folks fear (and in some folk's cases, they should) like
Cropping! and Extenders! and Zooms! and Pushed Film! and Handholding!
is a tribute to both you and your gear.

I, too, took one of the SL's out for a walk a few weeks ago (in hand,
with the 60 Macro-Elmarit and Provia 100 on a shoot where the main
axe was a 20D & 400 Telyt on pod) and the snap with the most
attractive qualities for me ended up coming from the SL/Film rig.  In
fact, I shot the same subject with the Big Rig (yeah, I know,
"whaddya expect from that Canon pea-shooter", etc.)  But the film
version, even taking into account what looked to me like more
intrinsic contrast & saturation, seemed to have more nuance of color
& texture (in a lucky situation where the color temperature happened
to be right up the film's alley.)  It also survived the usual losses
in scanning which have sometimes led me to give up on posting
something from a good-looking 'chrome.

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/70920132

While we're at it, I should say that I've been liking this "eye form"
thing (both horizontal & vertical) where the subject sorta swells up
in the middle and tapers away at the ends; here's a coupla more
examples:

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/71462159

and this one (with the 60 Macro on the pod-mounted 20D)

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/72282591

That's all for now...

Bob Palmieri

From: William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:24:49 -0800

Neil,

Try

http://www.oldtimercameras.com/jessops/search/mfrsearch.asp?MainMfr=60

Google found them and they indicate they have one.

Happy New Year,

Bill