[LRFlex] Re: leicareflex Digest V2 #132

  • From: "Tim Bedsted" <Tim.Bedsted@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 01:16:05 +0200

Guys,

The storage issue is a valid concern one that every library in the world is
working hard to manage. It is generally recognized that no electronicstorage
solution will be time consistent for the next 50-100 years.  What technology
will be available in 30 years time no one knows!

I think you should use film if it suites you're shooting style and needs and
digital if that is your preference. Film will maintain its special edge for the
foreseeable future.

To give you an analogy when the CD came out everybody said that the turntable
was doomed. Now 20 years later the turntable is alive and thriving. It is no
longer the first choice for casual music listeners, but discerning listeners
insists on keeping the technology alive. I bet the same will happen for film
within the next 20 years.

Regards,

Tim

  _____