[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V12 #125

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 07:23:59 -0700

Now, that thought had not occurred to me, Peter, but you are absolutely right!
:-)

David.

Great shot, David. I don't know why, but it reminds me of an upscale version
of something from the Red/Green Show...

From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 23:10:32 -0700
Subject: [LRflex] Be prepared...

Over the years, I've seen lots of sedans, with bicycles mounted on a rack, at
the rear of the car.

Other times, you'll see spare tires, back there.

But I found a fellow, this morning, who was obviously worried that his Lexus
might leave him stranded and he was, like a good boy Scout, going to be
prepared.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/BoyScout.html

Enjoy! I did!

David.

protection is active.

------------------------------

From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 23:12:42 -0700
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Falklands

My thought, exactly, Bill!

Thanks for looking!

David.

One word: C-H-A-R-M-I-N-G-!

Bill

From Bill's iPad...

On May 16, 2015, at 22:55, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, I'm not getting political, and bringing up the UK/Argentina dispute.

I'm talking about the Falkland Stampede. Falkland is a tiny town of just
640 souls, about a 90 minute drive from Logan Lake. Yet they put on a
superb rodeo, with over $50,000 in prize money. It's has run every year
since 1919.

I spent the day there, but it was this face in the crowd that I could not
resist. After all, it's not every day that you see such a nifty, handlebar
moustache!

http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/FS_1.html

Enjoy!

David.

protection is active.

------------------------------

From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Playing with face detection feature, your input?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 21:13:24 +0200

Good days Flexers.

One feature my small Fuji X20 has and it is not the only camera equipped I
guess, it is the face detection.

Until last week end, I had set that aside, feeling it is a gizmo. But
apparently it works.
How do I know? Well in play mode, a small icon displays and a green square
encompass the face, very neat interface.

On this image, the portrait is a tribute to Pisa tower, the camera matches
the face of ... Ayda while the dog nose is undetected, even so the mouth of
ayda is partly behind the dog.
http://1drv.ms/1S2eWc2

Here, the composition became obvious for the camera, on our planet, himan
bitches have no long hair, no mustache and falling ears, the face detection
did not work:
http://1drv.ms/1S2gaUB

On this one the face detection was turned off:
http://1drv.ms/1S2gEKr

This one too with no face detection, more conventional Facebook one:
http://1drv.ms/1JtDZkx

But the DOF in both was sufficient (as per setting) to show Ayda and her pet
in arms.

So, is the face detection really usefull? Hmmm, at full scale, the images
using the detection are better focused and exposed properly while on the
others, it dépends on the skills. I would rate this feature useful for self
portraits or portaits taken randomly in the Streets Lomography fashion.

Have you used this feature on your various cameras? any success or comment?

Cheers, thank you for reading this message.
#-----------------------------------
From : Xavier F. BILLE
mail : hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Maisons Alfort - France

------------------------------

From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Be prepared...
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 21:19:56 +0200

Hi David,

The Lexus Bloke is obviously a Muscle scout! This Vespa 50cc or 125cc is at
least 70Kg. And there is no proper handles to lift it up.

I should try to attach my 320Kg Honda on the Baby Benz. Then adding weight on
front like a dragster to keep the front on the ground at the green traffic
light.

Such transport of a Motorised two wheelers is.... probably forbidden in
France. Ah, "vive la liberte"!
Nice image:)
From : Xavier F. BILLE