[LRFlex] Re: leicareflex Digest V1 #69

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:10:19 +0000

Hello Barney.

If the lens is new, it is of course rather strange.

I have a 90mm Summicron who has been "cheriched" by previous owners, it has a small scratch on the front element and the edge of one of the internal lens show some wear (it looks like bubbles BTW).

But the lens performs well.

Cheers.

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: Barney Kahn <thekahnman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: leicareflex Digest V1 #69
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 09:59:54 -0700 (PDT)

I was able to take advantage of the 5% discount from
Leica last Friday and bought the R9 with the
Summicron-R 90mm ASPH.  I wanted the R9 with the
black top instead of the other color so I'll be
picking that up in about a week when it comes in.  In
the meantime, I took home the lens and have had
a chance to look at it closely.

The back of the lens looks perfect, however the front
of the lens has about 7 or 8 tiny "specks" in what
seems like air bubbles or something like that
inside the front glass.  I'm pretty sure it's not air
bubbles, however I'm at a loss of words to describe
it.  I know it's not going to effect the quality of
any pictures I take, though I was wondering if anyone
else with Leica lenses can see the same type of
"specks".

Just a note, I can only see them when holding it close
and at a angle when the light hits it just right.
When held out at the distance of my arm, I'm
very hard pressed to see them.

I will have the dealer look at it though I was
wondering if it's normal.

Thanks!

Barney

PS, when I have a little more time, I'll fill you in
on how I had a chance to meet one of the reps.