[LRFlex] Re: leicareflex Digest V1 #52

  • From: Barney Kahn <thekahnman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:44:32 -0700 (PDT)

> From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LRFlex] Re: 90mm f/2 APO-SUMMICRON-R ASPH
> or 100mm f/2.8
> Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 05:47:13 -0500
>
> Hi Barney,
> I do own the 100mm, and have a bit of experience
shooting iwth it. It is a dream lens in most respects.
Its macro qualities are excellent, and as you have
expressed an interest in that capability, it's an easy
choice.

 What I'd suggest is renting each from your camera
> store and spending the weekend shooting a couple of
rolls. That should answer your question definitively.

> Regards,
>
> Neil Gould

Thanks Neil,

Your correct in the fact that renting both would
really help, however it's the time that's more costly
than anything else.  From all of the reading I've been
doing about these two lens, I think mainly that the
90mm has better contrast (at one stop down) and
POSSABLY better color.  With that in mind, I would go
with the 90mm, however with the money that it costs,
the 100mm can come in handy for other uses.  So unless
the quality of color and contrast is ALOT