[LRFlex] Re: japan

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 07:53:44 -0700

On Wednesday, Andy Wagner wrote:

just had a chance to enjoy your shot in Kyoto. As usual outstanding.

Thanks, Andy, for your kind words.

Seems you were in Japan at about the same time I was. I was stationed at Mt Fuji for cold weather training- just before I got shipped to Vietnam. Anyways the land of the rising sun is very fotogenic and I'm looking for a chance to get back.

My Japanese experience may have been a bit more positive that yours. Rather than prepping for Vietnam, I was a guest of Toshiba and for 10 days toured the country in grand style!

Nippon is, indeed, a most photogenic country. Sadly, I was young and even though I'd been shooting for some 10 years by then, I didn't truly understand the value of good photographs. Most of my Japan shots are woefully lacking in compositional quality. Fortunately, there are a few good ones. As I walked through the Temple gardens, that one "jumped out" at me!

Like you, I'd would like to return.

Thanks again.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm