[LRflex] Re: in the neurosurg OR...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 10:55:50 -0700

On Jun 6, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Ted Grant wrote:

Steve Barbour showed:
Subject: [LRflex] in the neurosurg OR...
images from the last few days...with the neurosurgeons.

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/gregl2

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/opening

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/threehands_001

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/hands4

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/spritz2

Steve you just have to love shooting in an orthopedic OR with the hammers, chisels and power drills!

or a neurosurgical OR, as here, where it's the skull they are cracking open...

I've got some images that would knock your socks off, and maybe more...

Oh, not to forget the sweet sound of the power saw cutting it’s way through a leg bone! J Always a real grabber right after you’ve had breakfast! J Or the “gentle” aroma and smoke emanating from a cauterizing knife? Scalpel? J

Nice set of pictures, love the B&W right in close on the “Opening.” Although this is one that should be up close in their face, “colour!”

I am not sure you want to see color versions of this part of the surgery, if you want to hang on to breakfast,

not to mention last week's lunch...

I figure if the list people are so taken with colour, rather than content and power in B&W, then one should definitely shoot colour and not miss one bit of the colourful blood and guts of the scene.

I mean they all like the colour of flowers, why wouldn’t they appreciate the colour of intestines being removed up close and bloody? J And the light is spectacular creating magnificent colour!! J

so tell me the truth, and don't be shy Ted... what do you really think about color....

:-)

Steve

ted