[LRflex] Re: hut and apple trees in Normandy...

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 19:48:00 +0200

And you were right to go again - I hadn't seen the first one, and I like this one a lot.

Thanks for sharing Steve, and congrats for the selection.
Amitiés
Philippe

Steve Barbour wrote:

On May 23, 2009, at 3:51 PM, Guy Brown wrote:

Suggests to me the kind of hut Martin Heidegger had in mind when he made his, or had it made; this one -- at least for his purposes as I imagine them -- seems better. Anyway, it's evocative & could help express or represent lots of things. An entry for the genre "archtypalism," or something. Since you prolly really didn't take it with an M8 all that time ago, what did you use, I wonder.

sorry for my misleading and frightfully confusing post...I shot this image with the M8 in France a month ago...

however I previously had photographed the same hut/location long ago, then I think with an M6,

I am drawn to that spot...

thanks...Steve

Guy
On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 1:27 PM, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    At 5/23/2009, you wrote:

    a professor of architecture wrote to me, asked if they can use
this photo in their forthcoming book titled...

    Saved: The Religious Imagination in Modern and Contemporary Art?

    http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/France2009/hutfinalsep.jpg.html

    I like the image, asked a few questions, said sure...

    I photographed this hut 15-20 years ago...I loved it,  yet one
never knows how something will resonate.

    She said...

"It's exactly the photo we need of a primitive hut to illustrate an essay about classical and traditional values in architecture."

    I used an M8   Summicron 35/2  pre  (v.IV)

    G'Mornin', Steve!

    1) Congratulations on getting yet another photo published.

    2) Correct me, if I'm crazy, but how could you have "photographed
this hut 15-20 years ago...", using an "an M8 Summicron 35/2 pre (v.IV)"? ;-)

    3) I agree, a lovely shot!

    David Young
    Logan Lake, BC

    Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net <http://www.furnfeather.net/>