[LRflex] Re: hut and apple trees in Normandy...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 11:27:27 -0700

At 5/23/2009, you wrote:

a professor of architecture wrote to me, asked if they can use this
photo in their forthcoming book titled...

Saved: The Religious Imagination in Modern and Contemporary Art?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/France2009/hutfinalsep.jpg.html

I like the image, asked a few questions, said sure...

I photographed this hut 15-20 years ago...I loved it,  yet one never
knows how something will resonate.

She said...

"It's exactly the photo we need of a primitive hut to  illustrate an
essay about classical and traditional values in architecture."

I used an M8   Summicron 35/2  pre  (v.IV)

G'Mornin', Steve!

1) Congratulations on getting yet another photo published.

2) Correct me, if I'm crazy, but how could you have "photographed this hut 15-20 years ago...", using an "an M8 Summicron 35/2 pre (v.IV)"? ;-)

3) I agree, a lovely shot!

David Young
Logan Lake, BC

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net