[LRflex] hummingbird, lenses eetc.

  • From: KEITH LONGMORE <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:09:08 +0100

Doug
Excellent shot of the hummingbird.  I like it!

Xavier
I didn't see all that much difference between the lenses. I thought it difficult to make a comparison, because the shots were different. Whilst I agree that there is some chromatic aberration around the edges of the 2x converter photo, the in-focus parts were pretty good.

Steve
Your shots of the children were very good. But - and I don't know how to say this - presuming these are your patients, I'm a bit surprised that you photograph them for public consumption. I think to do so here in the UK would be VERY frowned on!

Leica
I think Leica will have to come down off its pedestal a little, and produce equipment that fills the 'prosumer' market needs if it is to make money. It needs a significant share of the market, doesn't it? Yes, the 'prosumer' sector is very competitive, but that's the world we live in. Price and exclusivity used to sell expensive cars; today, they aren't viable without lesser models at higher volume to back them up financially.

Cheers
Keith Longmore