[LRFlex] Re: hot shoe

  • From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:52:36 -0800

I don't know if anyone else finds the ubiquitious hot shoe/accessory mount a
nuisance, but I am annoyed by the sharp edges and ugly appearance of a
"feature" I seldom use. Is there some kind of a cover that keeps it from
snagging skin and clothing? One of the great features of the original
Spotmatic was the absence of any hot shoe on its beautiful prism cover. I
would remove the shoes from my cameras but that probably would open the
prism to light and dirt. Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill Lawlor

    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm