[LRFlex] Re: extension tubes

  • From: Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:10:44 -0700

on 4/12/04 5:24 PM, ACE FIRE PROTECTION INC at aceprotection@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> I have read in some of your posts where you refer to a custom made
> extender for your 560 and 400.  I just got a extension for mine, the one leica
> makes for them . Is yours shorter?  Any problem using an extension tube
> between lens and camera? I believe these are 25mm . Thanks, Gary

Gary, the custome extension tube is 30mm, made from an old 14198 1:1 adapter
for the 60 macro.  I haven't used the 3-part extension ring set.  I'd be
concerned that it would unscrew in hte midst of a furious shooting session
but perhaps someone with experience i=using the extension rings on a long
Telyt will tell us how well it works.

The 14256 Macro-Adapter-R will physically fit between the lens and camera
but its throat is narrow enough that you'll see some vignetting.  I modified
the 14198 by removing its guts, blacking all the shiny parts and removing
the collar that covers the 60's aperture ring.  Removing its gut is the
crucial part 'cuz the guts are what caused the vignetting.

I have a couple of the 14182 extension tubes made for the 400 & 560 but
sometimes I need an in-between focussing rnage where the 30mm tube does
quite well.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com