[LRflex] extenders (was: Re: Re: IMG: More Boobies)

  • From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:33:26 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Charlie Falke wrote:

>Doug Herr wrote:
>> Charlie, are you aware that the 1.4x APO Extender can be modified to fit the
>> SL?
>
>   I certainly wasn't aware of that.  How does it work?

Auto diaphragm, stop-down metering.

>Is it the case for either of the 2X converters as well, or
>just the 1.4x?

I don't know about the 2x non-APO but for the 2x APO it's no-go on the SL.  It
can be modified to fit the SL2 (stop-down metering, auto-diaphragm) but it will
interfere with a viewscreen light baffle on the SL.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Kailua
http://www.wildlightphoto.com