[LRFlex] Re: eagles

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:17:15 -0700

Dr. Elliot Puritz wrote:

Hi Doug: Well, at the golf course today one of our members was using his Canon EOS 1D ( I think ) with a Canon 500 mm lens and a 1.5 extender. The Eagles have two Eaglets in their nest which sits high in a Pine Tree about one quarter mile away. What was interesting was the auto focus feature that enabled him to capture the flight of the Eagles. He told me that the lens and camera have "predictive" auto focus so that the camera quickly "knows" where the subject is going to, and focuses there. Rather amazing.

Elliot

Hi Elliot... I'd say it's amazing...wow  !

they could advertise it as the camera ideally suited to the bird brain...

:-)