[LRFlex] Re: dyed-in-the-wool (fixer?) dinosaurs

  • From: "andy Wagner" <yxandy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 19:01:52 -0500

So? we are so ancient as we pretend.

Yes we are!! :-) I've seen these cd burners and while they are nice, for most of the trips I take I have to schlep along a laptop anways so I have the cd burner along. Besides while the wife shoots the digital I'm the one doing the downloads. And it gives me something to do on the flight home

cheers --------------------------------- Xavier F. BILLE Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: "andy Wagner" <yxandy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: dyed-in-the-wool (fixer?) dinosaurs
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:16:04 -0500

Even though I too am a dinosaur, we can't buck the tide forever. It is an interesting theory though; A wedding photog shoots his wedding, downloads the card and via wireless internet sends the raw files to his lab which does the photoshop work and returns the files along with the proper profiles to print the pics. Kinda Buck Rogersey but considering what I was saying just a year ago regarding digital and the advances they've made in a year it might not be that far off

From: "Steven Rosenthal" <steverose108@xxxxxxx>
To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] dyed-in-the-wool (fixer?) dinosaurs
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 10:18:27 -0700

That is interesting to hear how this digital/film debate is settling out at
least in regards to wedding photographers. What it sounds like is a real
business opportunity for some enterprising soul to set up a service business
to do the back end of their digital business so they can just concentrate on
shooting.... the way a good trusted lab can support a film shooter. Don't
know if this would work but it might be a whole new industry. Since I just
shoot for fun at this point, and mostly B&W, I too am a happy film
dinosaur...