[LRflex] Re: digital body for R lenses

  • From: Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:33:28 +0200

Hi,

Any decent canon EF body will do.
I used my lenses on a 20D and now a 40D. I use an AF confirm adapter and it all works flawless. The 400 series will not focus very well because of the dim screen. On the 40D I use the screen for the manual lenses. It works really well, can be changed by the user and is very cheap. Although the 40D is not the cheapest body it is in my opinion the best option for your r lenses. if you want full frame, the 5d is getting quit cheap now and also has interchangeable screens.

cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Julian Koplen wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am seeking recommendations for a reasonably priced digital solution for my idle R lenses. Although I own a high end Nikon digital body, I cannot bring myself to sell my R lenses, formerly used on R4, R8, and SL. The DMR is out of my league. Is there a low or mid-priced digital SLR that will do justice to these lenses? And that I can focus manually with not too much difficulty. (A focus confirmation aid would also be nice.) New or used. I would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks in advance...........Julian