[LRFlex] Re: couple shots...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>,dom <domidom@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 18:50:27 -0700

Ted Grant wrote:

Steve Barbour said:

it's what we do.... in my case for 25 years.... it
can lead to grief and despair, but it can lead to
exhiliaration....

I like seeing kids like this... cus I can make a
difference....and this case was a great happy
outcome after....almost !.... giving up
hope.....<<<<<<

Hi Steve,
You are a wonder as you make it sound so simple working with children. But
in reality I know it takes a very special breed of human being, male and
female to cope with the challenges of giving TLC to children day after day!

Your pictures prove time after time you're one of those special human beings
as does every photograph you post.

And I make my comment from the experience of working with children and man
everytime I'm trying to photograph them in hospital care situations I've got
everything puckered up to keep myself under control and not bawling! Most
times I don't make it and have to leave the situation for re-composure.

Good on you old buddy.

ted

thanks Ted...that's nice of you.... I just do my job, and some days are a real slog.... but there is a sense of doing something valuable and fulfilling...and you know... seeing through the camera makes me see very differently, and I feel helps make me a better doctor in some important ways... Steve

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm