[LRflex] Re: canon 5D and leica R lens

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 07:42:33 -0700

The 2nd version.  On photo.net, commercial photographer Guy Mancuso had
his 5D's mirror trimmed so he could fit the deeper R lenses to it,
intending to use the camera as a backup.  Turns out he liked the DMR's
output so much better that he hardly ever used the  5D and he replaced
it with a 2nd R9/DMR.  His background was all high-end Canon and he
started with Leica using R lenses on the Canons.  He and his clients
saw the difference right away and it wasn't long before he had replaced
all his Canon lenses with Leica-R.  The DMR was the next logical step,
and again he liked the results better with the DMR.  Given the
experience of Guy Mancuso and of Marc Williams (also on photo.net) who
also switched from Canons and L lenses to the DMR, I find Ingemar's
experience rather surprising.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com