[LRflex] Re: canon 5D and leica R lens

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:11:54 -0700

Jerry, my experience with Canon L lenses is limited (one lens) but the
difference between that lens (FD 400mm f/2.8 L) and every Leitz or
Leica long lens I've used is WOW, particularly at maximum aperture -
which is the whole point of a 400mm f/2.8.  I sold the Canon lens.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com