[LRflex] Re: boy, did we have fun...

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 15:30:58 -0700

Charlie Falke to Dr. Steve Barbour:

>>> Great shots both.  I continue to be amazed at the

gradation you get in what must be really rotten lighting

(for glare) in a medical office.<<<<

Hi Charlie,  (ted here)

My experience after producing three medical books on the folks who give us
TLC in hospitals and doctor offices is the light is drop dead beautiful even
though it may look "glaring."

If you don't have a copy of "Doctor's Work or Women in Medicine" both books
all real-time life as it's happening available light Leica M & R.

Actually for a bit of a look please have a look at my so called web page

" tedgrantphoto.com" for a few samples.

Click on the first photo then click medical images and it'll give you an
idea how beautiful the light is.

Actually "Women in Medicine. A Celebration of Their Work" is a testament of
using the M7 on AE because that's what you see for exposure in my
photographs.

I never took a meter reading other than look through view finder and as long
as the shutter speed was faster than 1/15 set by the camera I shot!

During the total shoot time I exposed 500 rolls of Tri-x and never lost a
photo due to camera selected exposure!

Those medical lights may look glaring, but they're pure magic to work with.

This is a pure case of KISS..

Don't think about exposure, don't worry about the light, what is the content
doing. click! :-) True!

ted