[LRflex] Re: anne...

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 20:54:16 -0500

Steve,
 I am very much using the word "fatal" in a tongue-in-cheek manner. There are
some in Leica Land who loudly describe & lament that the Sony A7 doesn't handle
M mount wide angle lenses as well as Leica's digital M's do and how this is
somehow an achilles heel in A7's being a suitable alternative. If that's their
opinion so be it. I happen to find it humorous because My opinion is that an A7
does what it's designed to do and poor performance with M Wides because it
hasn't Leica's specially designed sensor and software tucked inside is just a
neutral statement of fact. To be hyperbolous about it: I think it's like
getting emotionally invested in fact a phillips head screwdriver doesn't work
very well with slot head screws.

I have to run, snack time and head is getting fuzzy for this diabetic at the
moment.

Richard
________________________________

A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought.
There is a visible labor and there is an invisible labor.
- Victor Hugo

On Jan 18, 2014, at 8:15 PM, Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jan 18, 2014, at 2:20 PM, Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for noting that it's an R lens, I'd just assumed it was M mount. I
> have both kinds in my gear cabinet which I use on my M8 and my EOS 1DmkII
> respectively. The problem I am going to have to face sooner or later is how
> to keep shooting once the progression my retinopathy renders rangefinders
> useless for me. Potentially the 1D, too for that matter.
>
> Truth be told, my M lenses only go as wide as 40mm so the "fatal flaw"

what, pray tell, is the fatal flaw?