[LRflex] Re: and on... the R10

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 13:15:47 -0700

At 06/05/2007, you wrote:
>David, does Leica still have your R8 and DMR in for repair after all of
>these months? If so, I would not forgive them. That would be the most
>unbelivable case of mishandling a service situation I can think of.
>Dave

Aw.. .c'mon, Dave.... it's only been 7 1/2 months!

As for the mishandling... yup ... they've screwed it up at every turn.  :-(

Had I not had the opportunity to meet Steven Lee a couple of times
and, later, speak with him on the phone, I would have no hope, at
all, that Leica might survive.  I do, however, have faith in both Hr.
Kaufmann, and in Mr. Lee.  But they still face a monumental task in
overhauling the corporate culture, within Leica.    As the reporter
from CNBC said, Mr. Lee's "optimistic, can-do Californian vibe [is]
desperately needed at the stuffy, hidebound, German firm".

I still believe in the quality of the products - at least those
produced so far.  As for the company, I am very rapidly losing faith.