[LRflex] Re: and on... the R10

  • From: William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 17:06:13 -0700

Aram, David,

When the R8 was brand new, I was in my dealer's shop looking at one
and talking to a Leica-savvy sales man with whom I was familiar,
wondering what it had that my R7 didn't have.

One thing he told me about the R8 configuration and size was that it
had been sized to have adequate room for digital photography.

I have no idea if anyone from Leica told him that or where it came
from but it sure looked like that to me and I have obviously
remembered it. It may - or may not - come to pass. If Leica can all
but replicate an M7 in digital form, the M8, perhaps my dreams will
come true: an R10 smaller than an R9.

Best,

Bill

On May 8, 2007, at 10:57 AM, David Young wrote:

At 08/05/2007, you wrote:
> I agree.  I thought it was ugly.  Wnen I first handled on I thought
> it was
> too heavy.  Bought one, used it for a while and I love it.  Still a
> bit
> heavy, but it handles so well and is so easy to use.  Rugged,
> accurate.  R10
> is this package would be a no-brainer for me.  R10 in R4 size
> pacakge with
> r8 ergonomics would be even better.
>
> Aram

HI Aram!

Agreed... but an R10 in an R9+DMR sized package would be a no-go, in
my estimation.

I too, would like to see the '10' in a smaller box..  more like the
Canon 20D & 30D.