[LRFlex] Re: a (gasp!) Brand 'N' user in our midst!

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:54:51 +0100

Kevin wrote:

I've never been to Mayo

It's a lovely wild county. A must-see if you're ever over in Ireland.

Landing like many Americans the family name was shortened it was Mailloux. The family moved down from Canada to work in the factories in Central Mass. My main body is a F3 MD4 combo with a F2s for lenses I have 24mm f2.8, 35 f1.4, 50mm's 1 f2.0 & f1.4, 105mm f2.5 and the old 80 to 200 F4.5. Besides my first R body I need a scanner to post some shots. In the spring I hope fatten the wallet up enough to make the Leica Leap

I did it the other way round. Started with Leica Ms, discovered the delights of the Leicaflex SL and SL2, and then saw this battered Nikon FTn sitting forlornly in a corner at my Cork dealers at a knock-down price..

If you want a cheap way into the R circuit, I'd recommend the Leicaflex SL - built like a tank with a wonderful bright v/f.. I have an R3 which I might be willing to sell, though frankly it's not a patch on the 'flexes.

Contact me off-list if you're interested.

Best

Alex

-- Alex Hurst Waterfall Nr. Cork Ireland

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
       +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@xxxxxx
Also: corkflor.2@xxxxxxxxxx (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019
   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm