[LRflex] Re: Zoom lens & Welcome Duc!

  • From: "Dr. Jeffrey L. T. von Glück" <jgluckphoto66@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 01:21:03 -0400

Don't over look the Angénieux 70-210/3.5. I have been using one
infrequently for decades and have been most pleased with the results.
Back in the late 1980s-early 90s, I regularly used an SL and R7 with the
Angénieux for landscape work to bring up interesting details, while my
regular kit was an M with 24/28/35/50 primes.

I cannot compare it to the later 80-200 Vario's as I have had no
experience with them.

The 45-90/2.8 Angénieux is another interesting zoom, the first Leitz
offered in their catalogue. I have used it on and off as a portrait
lens. I believe DDD used it for photographing Picasso's paintings in one
of his books.

Also, welcome Duc. I post very infrequently. This is a very nice group
of polite and respectful Leica users.

Jeff Glück