[LRflex] Re: Z + N = ? OT (maybe)

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 15:22:35 -0400

On Jun 7, 2011, at 2:29 PM, Herman Kempers <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I rather sure i will never buy/use a camera who can only work this way.
>

> best herman

Which is why I made no comment one way or the other on the merits of Sony's
decision to move away from SLR Viewing Systems.
Their decision seems to be a Zero Sum Equation situation to my eyes. The
benefits an EVF brings with it come at the expense of losing what Ground Glass
Viewfinders provide.
I really am intrigued by EVF SLR type cameras for the new, techy, things they
provide - especially for video shooting, but they are handicapped versus
traditional designs. Yet, SLR Viewfinders have been shaped, molded, and
improved, over 7+ decades so imho opinion they should be really good at this
point. Give EVF's some more time to mature and who knows where things might go
with em.

R in Mi.------