[LRflex] Re: Yellow-rumped Warbler

  • From: "Dr. Puritz" <drpuritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:26:16 -0400

As usual, great work Doug.

Is it too early to ask you to comment about the detail and color you capture
"with" pixels versus those recorded with film?  Are you spending much time
with image manipulation at your computer, i.e?  Is the time spent
"delivering" a digital final image greater then that expended using film?
If I recall, when making your prints for sale your negatives are scanned,
and then digitally printed ( hope I am not wrong ).  Do you have enough
information to tell us whether such scanned film images are inferior to
those images directly recorded in pixels, and then transferred to the
computer for digital printing, i.e., does the intermediate step of scanning
adversely effect ( in comparison )  the final image?

Elliot