[LRflex] Re: X Vario meets salmon

  • From: William Abbott <bill2301@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 17:32:37 -0700

David, Aram,

I think David's comment is right on: the lens is a keeper for sure and I plan
to work on learning to use it. That picture was made with Auto everything: ISO
exposure and aperture, which further delights me at my advanced age. Don't ask.

Aram asked about the salmon and I'd say satisfactory but needs work in
execution because the variation in thickness of the salmon was so great that by
the time the thickest part was done the thin edges were overcooked.

Next time I'll work on uniform thickness and turn the simmer much, much slower
to a mere bubble so as to better control the rate of cooking. Live and learn.
I'll be happy to send the entire recipe to you if you'd like.

Bill