[LRflex] Re: Wing Back Hummer

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 08:17:54 -0700

Howard Cummer SHOWED:
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Wing Back Hummer

>> Here is the result which I think is perhaps the best yet:
>> http://tinyurl.com/6fpxzv2 <<<<

Hi Howard,

Ok old buddy your first few Hummingbirds were/are great. But the other day I've
been shooting a series on rose buds beginning to open from closed to 4 hours
later and 4 hours later to 24 and 36 hours to self destruct.

So here I am looking through the view finder with Leica 280mm 2.8 Telyt on
monopod, rose sharply in focus and "Bingo a Humming bird flew into the frame
and fiddled about eating and flitting away. I was so surprised as we only see a
few around our deck. But I did manage to get off a few frames that I thought
weren't bad.

THAT WAS UNTIL YOUR LATEST ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT DROP DEAD MOST FANTASTIC
HUMMING BIRD IMAGE CAME ON SCREEN!  INCREDIBLE! :-)

ME?  Game over, forget it, not a hope, the world will never see my three first
time purely by accident humming bird photos I've ever had the good fortune to,
out of sheer surprise and reflexes, shoot! I'm still surprised at my good
fortune. The Great Spirit had to be helping me trip the shutter one frame at a
time very quickly. :-)

"BUT WHEN YER UP AGAINST THE KING?"  I decided to sit back in the shadows and
appreciate the talent of a master! :-)
DAMN YER GOOD! :-)

cheers,
ted

PS: Nice to have you back on ourside of the Pacific Pond. :-) Maybe this year
we'll finally get to meet face to face! ;-)