[LRflex] William Lamb's SL Macro photos

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:28:06 -0700

Hi William,
Very nice SL Macro shot, great scanning from film -  I surfed around
your other shots and like the orchids too because the images show
3-dimensionality and warm/deep color saturation.
Thanks for sharing, Eric Chan
------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:54:17 -0400
From: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: I did a bad thing

Jerry,

Not a person to forget. Her late husband installed a ground glass
screen in my SL in 1974. I sent it to her 2 1/2 years ago when the
meter circuit board died. She did a complete CLA, replaced the board
and a few other parts and charged me $385 for the lot. While she was
at it, she re-lettered the tiny print on the base plate in white on my
black chrome SL. Now it literally looks new as I mainly use this rig
only for macro with the 60/2.8. My three M's do most of my "heavy lifting". :-)

Let's just saw the view is clear enough and the meter good enough to
get the occasional lucky shot like this! :-)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/SL-Macro/LUG154?full=1>

William